- Welcome to the 2015 Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition;
- Register to play and start selecting your team immediately;
- Use this Help & Game Information sections to get quick tips, all of the game rules and details, as well as the most frequently asked questions about the competition.
Welcome to Dream Team® - AFL Finals
- Here you'll find all of the information you'll ever need about playing in the Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition. Get quick tips on how to use each area of the game, read through the detailed game information available here, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions area on the right (where available), providing answers to some of the most popular queries about the competition. You can also always contact us if you have any further questions and feedback.
Read all about it here
- You can access help on any page by clicking the "Help & FAQ" button near the top of your screen. If you wish to learn all about this game, you can read through our comprehensive help and game information below, by selecting the appropriate section.
Q: What is the Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition?
A: Dream Team® - AFL Finals is a FREE fun and exciting interactive fantasy competition, the premise being simple. You'll get the opportunity to take part in the 2015 AFL Finals Series as Coach and selector by entering your very own "Fantasy Team".
You select real players, and based on their real, actual performances each week, your team scores points according to each of your selected players' stats. Your team is then ranked against your friends/relatives within your own league/s and against players in your state, those that support the same team and everyone else playing in the Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition.
- Register to play in the 2015 competition;
- Login to play with your email and password at the top left of the screen from anywhere on the web site. Link your Facebook and/or Twitter account for one-click login;
- Update your personal, login and social connection details at any time.
Register to play
- You'll need to register and create your account and login.
- Note that ONE registration is permitted and required to play.
- Enter your registered login email address and password in the login area near the top right of the screen.
- Link your account with either or both Facebook and Twitter, for single click login using your Facebook/Twitter account login - you'll also get the benefit of instant sharing, playing against your Facebook contacts and everyone who you follow on Twitter, automatically - plus much more!
- Ensure that "cookies" are enabled for your web browser.
- If you've forgotten your password, click here to request a password reset. We'll send you an email to your registered email address with instructions on how to reset your password.
- If you still experience problems logging in, you can always contact us for further assistance.
Updating and managing your registration
- You can manage your registration by logging in and clicking on the 'SETTINGS' button near the top right of the screen.
- Within the Settings/Your Profile section, you may change your login email address and password, update your personal details and social connections, change team and league names (only in certain instances), as well as opting out of email updates or cancelling your registration altogether.
Q: I am currently not a resident of Australia or New Zealand. Can I still enter and play? A: You're more than welcome to participate in the games, even if you're not a resident of Australia or New Zealand.
Q: I've forgotten my password, what can I do? A: Please click on the 'Lost password' link near the login panel to have a password reset link sent to you.
Q: I'm registered, but I'm having problems logging in. A: You must only login with the original email address that you have registered with. If you are unsure about your password, you can request a password reset by clicking here. We'll email you password reset instructions to your registered email address within a few minutes. Please check your Spam or Junk mail folder if it hasn't arrived in your inbox. If you don't receive our password reset email, then it's likely that you are using an incorrect email address or there’s an issue with your registration. If this is the case, please contact us, providing as much detail about your registration so that we may determine what may be at fault.
Q: I have a new email address. Can you change my login details? A: You can actually change your login details directly at the Dream Team® - AFL Finals web site. Simply login with your current details, and then click on the 'SETTINGS' button which can be found near the top right of the screen. You can change your login email and/or password there.
Q: Why can't I change my team name? A: You can only change your team name prior to the start of the next week (after registering). Once the next week is complete, you will no longer be able to change your team name.
- Select a complete team of 8 players;
- You must select your squad based on the player limits for each of the FOUR positions (2 Defenders, 3 Midfielders, 1 Ruck and 2 Forwards);
- players listed with two positions can be selected in either of those positions;
- You'll need to select your team within the $2,600,000 salary cap.
- Once completed and entered, you'll be able to return to the player draft and make an unlimited number of changes for each week of matches in the Finals Series.
Select your complete team
- You must select a full mini-squad of 8 players before the beginning of the next upcoming week in order to score points.
- You'll not score any points if your team is incomplete and you'll not be entered in the public and private league games.
- All players are available to all participants.
- Every player from each of the sides participating in the 2015 AFL Finals Series is available for
selection. The only selection restrictions are:
a) Your $2,600,000 salary cap; and
b) You'll select the exact number of players required in each position from each of the FOUR position groups, which are:
2 x Backs
3 x Midfielders
1 x Ruck
2 x Forwards
- These restrictions are automatically enforced so that they cannot be broken, and your selected team will always be valid.
- You'll just need to make sure that you've selected and entered a complete squad.
Q: How many players do I have to start with, and do I need to have that exact number? A: You MUST select 8 players in order to enter the Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition. You can make unlimited changes to your team at any time prior to the first match of every weekend of AFL Finals Series. If you choose to leave your team untouched between weekends, the same 8 players will compete for your Dream Team® - AFL Finals team, which means you may have players from teams that may not be participating - be sure to update your team weekly.
Q: What if I can't find a player in the game? A: You can use to the search box at the top right of the screen on any page to check whether the player is in the game. If you can't find them, please contact us and let us know.
- Edit your starting line-up of 8 players prior to the start of each week of finals by making unlimited trades;
- Name your captain (to receive triple points) and vice captain (double points) in each week of the Finals.
Your team HQ
- You can edit your entire team list while an AFL Finals Series week is not in progress. You can also view each player's scoring and performance breakdown, in team Analyser view.
- You'll need to select a starting line-up of 8 players. Your team scores from ALL of your 8 selected players.
- You'll be able to make an unlimited number of trades and changes to your Dream Team® - AFL Finals team, within your $2.6 million salary cap, and by selecting players from the teams that participate in each week of the finals.
- To ensure you are scoring the maximum number of points, be sure to check back and update your team prior to each week of matches in the four-week 2015 AFL Finals Series Series.
- Trading periods will generally be open for the entire week, up until the start of the next week's games.
Captain & Vice Captain
- Your captain scores triple points and your vice captain double points.
- You can change your captain and vice captain as often as you like prior to the start of each week's matches.
Q: I have selected a player who has since become injured or dropped from the team. Can I replace him? A: Yes, you can make unlimited changes from week-to-week in the competition, during the four weeks of the 2015 AFL Finals Series Series. You'll need to replace the player you're trading with a player from the same position and you'll also need to be sure you can afford the new player. Remember, you score points from all of your 6 players.
Q: In the real game, player X has played as a back in the last 3 week of the real competition, yet you have him listed as a centre. Why? Can he be moved? A: Player positions were determined based on the position/s that each player has played in most frequently in the past. Some players can play very versatile roles in any given match/Finals Series, therefore these players are selectable in multiple positions (although they can only be selected in ONE position, only ONCE per team).
Q: A player in my team scored negative points. Is this correct? A: Negative scores are counted as normal towards your team total. Negative scores are also tripled/doubled if a player that scores in the negative was selected as your Captain/Vice Captain.
- Create or join up to TEN public or private mini-leagues, invite and play against friends, colleagues and/or relatives;
- You can have as many entries in your mini-leagues as you like;
- Link your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts to play against all of your Facebook/Twitter contacts in your very own, 'all-in' Facebook & Twitter Leagues!
- Take on your mates, or just about anyone in the competition with Rivalries – head-to-head, any week, or every week. Propose a rivalry and take them on. With full rivalry tallies across the Finals Series, prove who's best, once and for all.
Private Leagues competition
- In addition to the overall Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition, you can also create or join, and be a part of up to TEN unlimited-size private or public mini-leagues with your single team entry. Your team will be entered in at least one private or public mini-league. You'll be able to compete against friends and relatives, or a small group of other participants in the competition.
- Any participants who do not have a sufficient amount of people to compete with in their leagues may be randomly added to groups, in order to form larger and more competitive leagues. It is entirely up to you whether you wish to monitor any such leagues.
- Through the unique "Coaches Box" feature as part of your Activity Feed, you'll be able to communicate with your league competitors live.
- Creating a public league will allow you to invite anyone you like to your league.
- Anyone who joins your league or obtains your unique league code will also have the ability to join and invite others to this league.
- If you selected to join a public league, your entry will be placed in one automatically, at the completion of the next upcoming week, with publishing of results.
- If you create a private league, you'll be the only one who can invite others to this league (via the League page).
- As 'Administrator', you'll also have the ability to REMOVE teams from your league.
- Anyone joining a Private league is not able to invite others via the league page.
- When using the automated league invite form on your league page to send invitations, your friends/relatives will be provided with a direct link to the registration page, and will be added to your league automatically upon successful registration.
- Take on your mates, or just about anyone in the competition – head-to-head, any week, or every week.
- Click on the RIVALRIES tab from your Leagues page and simply follow the on-screen instructions to search for any team in the competition - or instantly challenge anyone who is in one of your leagues.
- You can setup a Rivalry against anyone you like who is also in the competition. On the Rivalries page, you'll be able to keep track of their week-to-week score, whether you won or lost against them, as well as a win/draw/loss tally.
- In the right-hand panel, you'll be able to track who has setup a Rivalry against you in the competition, and therefore is tracking your performance. You may add any of these teams to your own Rivalries (creating a confirmed Head-to-Head Rivalry).
- You can setup, or remove a Rivalry at any stage of the competition.
Setup your Facebook and Twitter leagues!
- If you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, you can now link it to your Dream Team® - AFL Finals entry.
- In addition to the sharing of your data to your wall/followers, you'll be able to setup your very own Facebook and/or Twitter leagues, which are in addition to your maximum 5 regular head-to-head leagues!
- On linking your account, Dream Team® - AFL Finals will automatically setup your 'all in' Facebook and/or Twitter league.
- You'll be ranked based on overall points against any of your Facebook/Twitter contacts who also play Dream Team® - AFL Finals and have linked their accounts.
- In addition, you can automatically invite any of those not playing with a simple wall post or tweet directly from Dream Team® - AFL Finals - or invite them to one of your head-to-head leagues.
Q: How I do create a league where I can compete against my friends? A: You can create a new league from your League page. After accessing your Leagues page, you can click on the 'Create/Join' button to create a new league, or join one that you've been invited to.
Q: How do I enter a new public league? A: To enter a new public league, you will need to create one. In your Leagues page, simply click on the 'Create/Join' button to create a new league. That league will then be merged with other teams after the publishing of the next week's stats.
Q: How do I leave a league? A: In your Leagues page, simply click on the 'leave' button to leave a league. Once your league has been finalised, you will not be able to leave that league. Please note that you must be in at least one league.
Q: I just joined. Why wasn't I added to a league, and where is the option to create one? A: Everyone who signs up to the Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition will be a part of a league. Look for the 'League' link and button in the game menu bar on the left to access your league.
Q: I've found out that all of my friends are in another league. How do I swap leagues so I can play against them? Can you move my team for me? A: If you've been invited into a league by email, then please follow the prompts in the email to join that league. If you have been provided specific league code, then simply click on the 'Create/Join' button and enter the code into the box provided. If you want to leave the league you are currently in, then click on the 'Leave' button and enter the code in the box provided. Please note, if your league was formed prior to the last week, then it would have been finalised and you can no longer change, create or join new leagues.
Q: Can I change the name of the league that I created? A: Your league name can only be changed prior to your league's first lockout, when your league is finalised and confirmed.
Q: The league that I was in is now different, or its name changed... Why? A: We may add teams or merge leagues where they don't attract enough competitors. All care will be taken to ensure that all original teams that you had in your league will still be there, in addition to new ones. Your league name may therefore change based on these movements.
Q: Why have people in my league been replaced with other random teams? A: Leagues are merged at the end of each week. Once a league is merged, no further changes can be made to that league and you can no longer change, create or join new leagues. Any team/s in your league that did not have a complete team selected prior to the start of the last week are replaced with other teams.
Q: Why have I been removed from my league? And why can't I rejoin it? A: If you did not have a complete team selected prior to the start of the last week, then your team would have been replaced with another random, complete team. As leagues are finalised each week, you can no longer join that league. Alternatively, if you were entered in a Private league, the league's creator may have removed your team before the league was finalised.
Q: Why can't I invite people into my league? A: If you have been invited into a Private League, then only the league's creator has the ability to invite more people into that league from their Leagues page.
Q: Can I remove people from my league? A: If you were the Private League creator, you will have the option to remove people from your league.
- You'll score points based on actual player performances from your selected 8 players;
- Your selected captain scores triple points.
- Your selected vice captain scores double points.
How you'll score points
- Your Dream Team® - AFL Finals squad is awarded points based on the real performances of the real players in each game, throughout the 4 weeks of the 2015 AFL Finals Series.
- Points scored by your team each week are based on the performance of your 8 selected players.
- If any of them are unable to play, you will NOT receive any further points towards your total.
Live and final scores
- While live scoring for your team will be available during the finals week, scores and rankings are usually updated, confirmed and finalised within a few hours of the last game of the week.
- In certain circumstances, due to the complexities involved in the large number of statistics that are provided and processed, delays may occur. Please allow up until 3:00pm AEST on the day following the completion of the week for scores to be processed.
- Scores are final once completely processed, at which time the competition will be re-opened for team editing for the following week.
|Stat description||Points awarded/deducted|
|Free Kick For||1 Point|
|Free Kick Against||-3 Points|
Q: Why has my score changed after lockout? A: Any live or end-of-game scoring provided during the week should be treated as tentative and indicative only. Once the stats are reviewed at the end of the week, player scores may change slightly when the official results are published.
Q: Why is my score incorrect? A: It's possible you may have made changes to your line-up. Please refer to the 'How your team scored' column to the right of your team, to view your team's scoring breakdown from the past week.
Q: What happens if both my Captain and Vice Captain don't play? A: Unfortunately in this instance, you will miss out on the triple points / double points for those players in your team.
- The comprehensive Dream Team® - AFL Finals Player Research Centre provides you with all of the AFL Finals Series player information you'll need to make informed trades and selections;
- View and filter player rankings by past performances, team, positions, price range and more.
- View Finals Series-to-date or any previous week's stats;
- Check out an up-to-date list of the most popular players as selected in the competition.
All the stats
- The Dream Team® - AFL Finals Player Research Centre offers several comprehensive features and facilities that will help you with your initial team selection, as well as further substitution and drafting decisions throughout the competition.
- Find the Finals Series' top players with comprehensive and sortable lists of player stats, data and additional information.
- You can view player stats up to any week of the competition, check out their weekly scoring, and filter by club, position, price range and much more.
- You can view summarised, standard player rankings, or click on "Stats view" for a comprehensive, sortable list of all stats and fantasy scores used in the competition for each player.
- You may add any player to your "watchlist" and keep an eye on their performance from your team page.
- Click on a player's name from anywhere on the web site, or use our extensive player search facility.
- Comprehensive in-game statistics summary and graphs for every player in the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, week-by-week.
- Market Watch provides a top 20 players listing of the most popular players, as selected by all participants in Dream Team® - AFL Finals.
- You can view the Market Watch lists sorted for the Finals Series-to-date, or the last team only.
Q. Can I view the highest-scoring players from a certain team or in a certain position? Can I see who scored highest in the last week only? A. You can view players by team, position, price and scores up to any previously completed week, from the drop-down "Week" menu (near the top of the Player Research page) page. This will display players sorted by their Finals Series-to-date scoring. Activate the Filters to view players only from certain team/s, position/s, price range/s and more. Click on any column heading to re-sort the displayed and filtered list by any available stat.
- Your single entry is automatically entered in your supported club's league, your state of origin league, as well as the overall competition;
- Click on any team name from anywhere on the rankings pages to view their complete and current player line-up, and their performance summary so far for the Finals Series.
One game - multiple competitions
- Your single team entry is automatically entered in several different competitions and site-wide 'leagues'.
- You'll also be entered in a competition and rankings against all other supporters of your club, as well as everyone else playing from your state of origin.
- The Finals Series 2015 rankings page provides you with the top overall rankings, which you can sort by overall score or the past week only.
- You'll also be able to view the top rankings for any club's supporters or state of origin league.
- You can check back and view how the overall rankings stood for any previously completed week.
- Once the Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition is under way, click on any team name wherever their entry appears throughout the competition (rankings, your mini-Leagues, etc) to see exactly who they had in their squad in previous weeks and how well they are performing.
Supporter vs Supporter, State vs State, League vs League:
- You'll find tables that rank the various clubs and states - based on the average scores of entrants in each of the state and club leagues, you can check out where your state and club is ranked against the rest.
- At the bottom of the page you'll find a listing of the best performing private and public leagues in the competition.
Q. How do I view the top teams from my state? Can I see who is coming first in my supported club league? A. Simply select your state from the drop-down menu at the top of the rankings page, or click on your state in the 'State of Origin Rankings' table. You can do the same for your club's supporters rankings.
The Dream Team® - AFL Finals competition receives hundreds of emails on a weekly basis. To ensure that we can provide the best and quickest possible service to all genuine support queries, please read through the help & game info section and frequently asked questions sections by clicking on the links above, to ensure your question has not already been answered.
DREAM TEAM - AFL 2015 Finals
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Dream Team – AFL 2015 Finals is an online fantasy sports community and game of skill. For the purpose of this promotion the following definitions apply:
"Promoter" means Vapormedia Pty Limited as the trustee for Vapormedia Unit Trust (ABN 29 276 856 233) of Suite 06, 838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
"Promotion" means the Dream Team - AFL Finals competition, conducted during the course of the 4 weeks (Rounds) of the 2015 Australian Football League Finals Series;
"Round" means a singular round in the 2015 Australian Football League season excluding any round in the Finals;
"Rounds" means all rounds in the 2015 Australian Football League season excluding any rounds in the Finals;
"Promotion Period" means the period commencing at 12:01am Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("AEDST") on 01.09.2015 and closing on 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") on 05.10.2015;
"Website" means aflfinalsdreamteam.virtualsports.com.au.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents and non-Australian residents, except where prohibited. All Participants consent to the publication of their name, suburb and state of residence, and agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter from time to time. The Promoter reserves the right to limit the number of participants in the competition at any time for any reason.
4. To enter, the Participant must firstly register by completing the online registration process at the Website during the Promotion Period. Participants will be required to (a) choose a nickname/alias to identify their entry; (b) submit the name of their favourite AFL team; and (c) subject to any "Salary Cap Limitations" as detailed on the Website, submit a complete AFL team of 8 players ("Chosen Team") comprising the following positions:
2 x Defenders
3 x Midfielders
1 x Ruck
2 x Forwards
5. Only one registration per Participant (and per email address) may be submitted. Under no circumstances can participants enter two or more registrations or team entries. Any participants found to do so will be disqualified from the promotion and eligibility to win prizes, solely at the Promoter’s discretion. By registering, the Participant agrees to subscribe (or has already subscribed) to receive periodical results and/or reminder emails about the competition, notification of new competitions, and other similar, related newsletters by the Promoter from time to time. The Participant may choose to opt-out of any such newsletters at any time.
6. If invited to enter a particular league, Participants may enter their details to join that league during the registration process. Alternatively they can create up to five private or public leagues and invite others to join. If they do not select a league, Participants will automatically be entered into a public league.
7. During registration Participants may refer the promotion to their friends via email using the refer-a-friend facility on the Website. If a Participant refers a friend, they warrant that they have obtained their friend's consent to do so prior to sending the email. The Participant indemnifies the Promoter against any claims by any third party for the Participant's failure to do so.
Participants may replace players in their Chosen Team via the "Trade Page" on the Website, in accordance with any directions. Participants may make an unlimited number of trades between each round. Player trades must take place prior to the commencement of a particular Round to be eligible to be selected for that Round, and are subject to any Salary Cap Limitations as detailed on the Website. Players traded during the season do not get their aggregate points added or subtracted to the Participant's total. For sake of clarity, if the player is removed from, or added to the Chosen Team, only the points earned by that player for that Participant, prior to their removal or after their addition from the Chosen Team, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, count towards the Participant's total.
8. After registration, Participants may enter all remaining Rounds that have not been locked out or completed. Participants may select a "Team Captain" who will score triple points, and select a "Vice Captain" who will score double points
9. If, after participating in a Round, a Participant does not amend their Round Team, their Round Team from the previous Round as selected by the Participant will be used, regardless of whether or not those players will be playing in the coming Round.
10. Participants will score points based upon the performance of their selected players in their Round Team for the particular Round. Points will be awarded (or subtracted) for each performance statistic attributed to that player during the Round as follows:
|Stat description||Points awarded/deducted|
|Free Kick For||1 Point|
|Free Kick Against||-3 Points|
11. The Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Promotion are final and no correspondence will entered into, including decisions in relation to the number of points that an Participant may have earned.
12. Rankings of Participants from the last Round completed and cumulative rankings for all completed rounds will appear on the Website as per clause 14 below.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Participants (including an Participant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who in the opinion of the Promoter tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Incomplete, indecipherable, incorrect or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries containing inappropriate, offensive, derogatory, defamatory or illegal content, as determined by the Promoter will deemed invalid and may be removed from the competition.
15. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Participant.
16. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Participant who is responsible for interfering or authorizes another to interfere with the entry process or the fairness of the game; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
17. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Participant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
18. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its parent companies and/or subsidiaries are not liable for any loss, injury, or damage of any kind suffered or sustained to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising: (i) by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, any of its parent companies and/or subsidiaries, or their servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply or failure to supply, of any goods or services by any person to Participants or the prize winners; (ii) due to the game being disrupted or corrupted due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter; or (iii) as a result of their being any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the game.
19. Nothing in these official rules affects, nor is intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have which are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servants or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the supplying of the relevant goods or services again.
20. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and to assist us in providing the goods or services the Participant has requested, to process Participant competition entries, and to improve its products and services. The Promoter may, (either directly or through a contractor) contact Participants by any means (including by SMS or e-mail) in the future to provide Participants with information and updates relating to the competition (which are generally provided on a weekly basis) or to let Participants know about goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to Participants. The promoter may also, for these purposes and such other purposes as detailed in Promoter's privacy statement at aflfinalsdreamteam.virtualsports.com.au disclose such information to third parties. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. By entering the competition, Participants consent to their personal information being used in the manner set out above. The Promoter may share Participant information with related companies so that they can contact Participants with offers. By marking the "opt-in" boxes on the Web Site entry form, Participants may consent to the storage and use of their personal information for the marketing purposes as set out next to the opt-in boxes. Participants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may, at its sole discretion, modify, restrict, change, or otherwise alter the Agreements or the Web Site, in whole or in part, impose limits on certain features or services on the Web Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Web Site. By continuing to access and use the Web Site you will be evidencing your consent to, agreement with, and understanding of, such modifications, changes or alterations. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may not notify you of changes, alterations or modifications to the Agreements that are necessary or desirable, as we determine in our sole discretion.
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE:
1. ONLINE CONDUCT
The Dream Team® - AFL Finals is intended for the users' personal enjoyment. You agree and acknowledge that the Web Site and any bulletin board or chat room on the Web Site, if any, is public and not private communications. Users shall use the Web Site for lawful purposes only. On occasion, a bulletin board or chat room may be hosted or moderated by a third party. Any statement, action, or opinion that a third party host or moderator expresses shall be his or her own and does not represent the Dream Team® - AFL Finals's views or opinions. You agree that the Dream Team® - AFL Finals shall be neither responsible nor liable for any statement, action, or opinion made by you or any third party in such chat rooms or bulletin boards. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals reserves the right to delete, move or edit content, chat rooms and bulletin boards or have such links removed if they are inaccurate, abusive, defamatory, obscene, copyright violative or otherwise unacceptable in their nature or placement.
2. REGISTRATION FOR GAMES
To have access to the various games and competitions at the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, you must register on the Web Site. When and if you register to become a member, you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the appropriate registration form. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, the Dream Team® - AFL Finals reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Web Site.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a user name and password. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals at its sole discretion.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
3. USER PRIVACY
4. USER INPUT
You hereby agree that any idea that you may convey shall become the sole and exclusive property of the Dream Team® - AFL Finals and that the Dream Team® - AFL Finals will have no liability or responsibility for providing any credit, compensation or other consideration for any idea that you may send to us or for keeping such idea confidential. Such submissions may not be acknowledged and will not be returned.
The Web Site may contain text, images, audiovisual productions, opinions, statements, facts, articles, or other information created by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals or by third parties ("Content"). Such Content is for your reference only and should not be relied upon by you for any purpose. The Content may not be copied, duplicated, distributed, downloaded, sold or otherwise exploited by you in any way, except as agreed to in writing by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals cannot be held responsible for the Content's accuracy and reliability.
6. LINKS AND ADVERTISING
From time to time, the Web Site will contain hyperlinks ("Links") to third party web sites and/or banner advertising and/or sponsorships operated by or referring to third parties and their goods and services ("Advertising"). Such Links and Advertising are for your reference only, and the Dream Team® - AFL Finals neither controls such linked web sites or Advertising nor is it liable or responsible for their content. Display of such Links or Advertising on the Web Site does not imply or express any endorsement by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals or any individuals or entities referred to in the Content on such linked web sites, or of such Links or Advertising, or any association with their operators. The user is solely responsible for any charges or obligations that may be incurred as a result of any dealings with such web site operators or Advertisers. Other web sites may also have a link to the Dream Team® - AFL Finals Web Site posted on their web site; you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Dream Team® - AFL Finals is not responsible for the content of any such web site or the actions of any operator of any such web site.
7. PRIZES, GIVEAWAYS, CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Any rules, regulations and permits relating to prizes and giveaways in association with the games and competitions provided by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals will be published on pages detailing and according to prizes given away on a case by case basis.
8. COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
The Dream Team® - AFL Finals and all materials on this Web Site including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos and music (the "Intellectual Property") are or may be protected under Australian and worldwide copyrights which are owned or licensed, in whole or in part, by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals or otherwise used with permission of their respective owners. Intellectual Property or any third party trademarks, servicemarks, or copyrights may not be manipulated, edited, reproduced, performed, republished, uploaded to or downloaded from, posted, transmitted, sold, transferred or otherwise distributed or exploited in any manner whatsoever from this Web Site or any other web site owned or operated by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals without our prior written consent, which may be withheld at the Dream Team® - AFL Finals's sole discretion. Any manipulation of the Web Site or any portion thereof, or use of any of the foregoing for any other purpose constitutes an infringement of the Dream Team® - AFL Finals copyrights, trademark rights or property and proprietary rights, or of the respective owners of such Intellectual Property. Any use of any portion of this Web Site on any other web site or other networked computer environment is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, which may be withheld at its sole discretion. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may revoke the license to display a Link to its Web Site at any time upon three days notice.
You represent you are the sole author and proprietor of any information or ideas that you submit to the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, and that no information or ideas submitted by you has been registered for copyright protection in any jurisdiction or has been previously published in any form.
9. USER INDEMNITY
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, affiliates, agents, employees, directors, interest holders, officers, managers and content producers from any claims, actions, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, settlements, and other costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or relating to: (i) your breach or failure of your obligations under the Agreements, (ii) the placement by you of a link to the Web Site on any web site or in any e-mail, or (iii) your use of the Web Site or participation in any activities arising from this Web Site, including but not limited to, its online games and competitions. Such indemnity shall include any costs and expenses incurred by us in any actions taken to enforce this indemnity.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS OR ANY OF DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS OFFICERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, DIRECTOR, AFFILIATES, INTEREST HOLDERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF DATA, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, MANAGERS, INTEREST HOLDERS, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES OR CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEB SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS WEB SITE, CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY, WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, SERVICES, UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OTHER WEB SITE. THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: (A) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY AND ACCURACY OF CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; AND (B) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PROCESS.
NEITHER THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, INTEREST HOLDERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR YOUR INABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO OR USE THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL IDEAS ON OR SUBMITTED TO THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS.
IN THE EVENT THAT THIS SECTION 10 IS DETERMINED BY ANY COURT TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM THAT YOU BRING AGAINST THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, INTEREST HOLDERS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS THEREOF SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND SUCH CLAIM SHALL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED WITH THE ARBITRATION, HEARING OR OTHER PROCEEDING (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OTHER SUIT OR CLASS ACTION) BROUGHT BY OR AGAINST ANOTHER USER OR THE DREAM TEAM® - AFL FINALS.
11. VALIDITY OF ELECTRONIC/INTERNET CONTRACTS
The Agreements shall have the same meaning, force and effect as if executed by hand, and all of the laws to which a hand executed agreement are subject will govern the Agreements. A printed version of the Agreements shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Agreements to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Waiver of any breach or default under any provision of the Agreements shall not be effective unless it is in writing and executed by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, and shall not be deemed to be, and shall not be, a waiver of any subsequent or continuing breach of, or default under, such provision or of any other provision.
The Agreements constitute the entire agreement between you and the Dream Team® - AFL Finals and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and the Dream Team® - AFL Finals with respect to the Web Site. If any provision of the Agreements is deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Agreements shall continue in full force and effect.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Further enquiries, questions and comments about the Dream Team® - AFL Finals and its Terms & Conditions of Use, can be forwarded to the Dream Team® - AFL Finals by contacting us here.
The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may collect personal information such as name, physical address, email addresses, phone number and age; and for subscription and session tracking services, I.P. and address logging. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may also set cookies storing information about the user such as place of access, browser type and version, and tracking movement and activity throughout the site. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals from time to time may request further non personally identifiable information for demographic purposes. Other personal information collected by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals partners and service providers, as referred to from the Dream Team® - AFL Finals, is subject to the Privacy Policies of the third party. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals provides and uses the services of reputable third parties who also provide clear statements regarding responsible use of consumer information.
HANDLING OF INFORMATION
Personal information collected by the Dream Team® - AFL Finals is used for the purposes as stated on its collection, such as entry into its various games and competitions, subscription to newsletters, entry to contests and giveaways, submission of content to chat and discussion forums, etc. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals uses industry standard systems, software and encryption whenever possible and appropriate as means of precaution to keep the information disclosed secure. Wherever possible, the Dream Team® - AFL Finals requests only the minimal required information. However, the Dream Team® - AFL Finals cannot be held responsible for any breach of security. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may also link to a wide variety of other sites and contain advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
USE OF INFORMATION
The Dream Team® - AFL Finals does NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE provide any information collected from its users to any third parties, unless otherwise advised and opted for by its users during the sign-up period, in circumstances where it is necessary to conform to legal requirements, protect and defend our rights or property, to protect the interests of other users, or as required by third party promotional partners and advised in the specific Terms and Conditions of Entry for any Prizes. The data collected from cookies and IP addresses is used to gather demographic information about the entire Dream Team® - AFL Finals audience, which is used to improve the Dream Team® - AFL Finals service, as well as track game progress in the various games and competitions. Cookies stored on user machines do not contain any personally identifiable information that may pose any security threat. We also share aggregate information -- not individual data -- with our advertisers to help them better understand our services and to monitor the reach of their advertising on the service. The Dream Team® - AFL Finals may disclose or exchange with others general statistics or information about its user base. However, this information will not contain any individual or personal information. Further information on the use of data collected is available in any specific Terms and Conditions of Entry to each competition on Prizes pages (if appropriate), and it is a condition of entry in the Promotion that Participants consent to the uses and disclosures of their personal information, as specified there.
To enhance your Web experience, this site may, from time to time, use anonymous identifiers ("cookies") to collect anonymous preference and interest visitor information. This information is provided to the Ad-Server and is used by the Ad-Server to create anonymous interest profiles. This information does not include and is never merged with personally identifiable information (such as name, address or email address) or any information that is considered sensitive or controversial or that would compromise your privacy. The Ad-Server(s') profiles may be accessed by the web site and marketers to tailor site content, promotions and advertising, and to perform marketing research. Consumers can opt-out from these profiles at any time and specific details will be available on this page as appropriate.
Users of the Dream Team® - AFL Finals opt-in and registration services may choose, as appropriate, to correct member details or to be removed from selected services. On request, all data will be permanently deleted off our databases. Information on how to change details or be removed from any of our services is provided with each newsletter, or where the service may be used on the web site.
Further enquiries and questions about the Dream Team® - AFL Finals and its policies and procedures relating to its handling of personal user information, can be forwarded to the Dream Team® - AFL Finals by contacting us here.